Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Time

Latest topics

» Sorry i wan not active!
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm by faseeh2006

» TOP 20 TRICKS TO SPEED UP YOUR PC
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am by JianWei-Jw

» Upload your files
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm by faseeh2006

» Basic Skills!
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm by faseeh2006

» How to Download, Decompress and Burn Playstation 2 Games
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 pm by iyenboy

» Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent/UTorrent or any Torrent Client
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm by iyenboy

» How To Use PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 Emulator !
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm by iyenboy

» how to use kaspersky for lifetime !!
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm by iyenboy

» How to Crack CD protection
Pop a banner each time windows boots I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm by iyenboy

Navigation

Pop a banner each time windows boots

iyenboy
    iyenboy

Pop a banner each time windows boots Empty Pop a banner each time windows boots

Post  iyenboy Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am

To pop a banner which can contain any message you want to display just before a user is going to log on.

Go to the key :- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\WinLogon
    Now create a new string Value in the right pane named 'LegalNoticeCaption' and enter the value that you want to see in the MenuBar.

Now create yet another new string value and name it:
    'LegalNoticeText'.
    Modify it and insert the message you want to display each time Windows boots.

This can be effectively used to display the company's private policy each time the user logs on to his NT box.

It's '.reg' file would be:
    REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Winlogon] "LegalNoticeCaption"="Caption here."

REMOVE SHORTCUT ARROW FROM DESKTOP ICONS COMPLETELY

To remove shortcut arrow from desktop icons in any type of document:

a) Perform instructions described under 'Remove shortcut arrow from desktop icons'. For your convenience, STEPS 1 to 3 are reported here.

b) Perform instructions described under 'Remove shortcut arrow from desktop icons (2)'. For your convenience, steps 4 and 5 are reported here.

c) And finally, do the same with conferencelink, docshortcut, internetshortcut and wshfile.

So, here is a summary of all actions:

1. START regedit.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile
    3. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.

4. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile
    5. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.

6. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ConferenceLink
    7. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.
    8. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DocShortCut
    9. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.
    10.Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut
    11. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.
    12. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WSHFile
    13. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.

14. Close regedit.

Logoff and... Enjoy!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm