Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Time

Latest topics

» Sorry i wan not active!
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm by faseeh2006

» TOP 20 TRICKS TO SPEED UP YOUR PC
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am by JianWei-Jw

» Upload your files
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm by faseeh2006

» Basic Skills!
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm by faseeh2006

» How to Download, Decompress and Burn Playstation 2 Games
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 pm by iyenboy

» Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent/UTorrent or any Torrent Client
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm by iyenboy

» How To Use PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 Emulator !
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm by iyenboy

» how to use kaspersky for lifetime !!
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm by iyenboy

» How to Crack CD protection
How to create a simple stopwatch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm by iyenboy

Navigation

How to create a simple stopwatch

iyenboy
    iyenboy

How to create a simple stopwatch Empty How to create a simple stopwatch

Post  iyenboy Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 pm

I will show you how to create a simple stopwatch for visual basic 6 beginners. This stopwatch consists of 3 labels called Label1, Label2, Label3 and 2 buttons called btnSart and btnExit.

1. Create 3 labels named Label1, Label2 and Label3.
    2. Change the text of these labels to the number 0.
    3. Create a Start/Stop button called btnStart.
    4. Create an Exit button called btnExit.
    5. Finally, create a timer called tmrTime. Make sure you change the timer interval to 1000 to represent 1 second. This can be placed anywhere in the form as it does not interfere with the design/object.

Then we start our coding. As long as you have labelled everything correctly, you can simple just type all this in without going back and referring to each component.

We will first code the button Start/Stop. This code means if the timer doesnt start automatically, this starts it

Code:

Private Sub btnStart_Click()
    If tmrTime.Enabled = False Then
    tmrTime.Enabled = True
    Else
    tmrTime.Enabled = False
    End If
    End Sub

Next we will code the timer tmrTime. This basically means the timer will gradually add on 1 second and when it reaches 60 secs, the minute label will start. This is the same for the hour label.

Code:

Private Sub tmrTime_timer()
    Label3.Caption = Val(Label3.Caption) + Val(1)
    If Label3.Caption = 60 Then
    Label2.Caption = Val(Label2.Caption) + Val(1)
    Label3.Caption = 0
    ElseIf Label2.Caption = 60 Then
    Label1.Caption = Val(Label1.Caption) + Val(1)
    Label2.Caption = 0
    End If
    End Sub

Now we will address the issue of the form. This means when the form loads, the timer will not start yet until you click the start/stop button.
    Code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    tmrTime.Enabled = False
    End Sub

Finally we code the Exit button. This just exits the program.

Code:

Private Sub btnExit_Click()
    Unload Me
    End Sub

Now the form should look similar to the attached image. You can also change the name of the form and give the hours, minutes and second a name label.
    center]