Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Time

Latest topics

» Sorry i wan not active!
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm by faseeh2006

» TOP 20 TRICKS TO SPEED UP YOUR PC
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am by JianWei-Jw

» Upload your files
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm by faseeh2006

» Basic Skills!
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm by faseeh2006

» How to Download, Decompress and Burn Playstation 2 Games
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 pm by iyenboy

» Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent/UTorrent or any Torrent Client
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm by iyenboy

» How To Use PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 Emulator !
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm by iyenboy

» how to use kaspersky for lifetime !!
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm by iyenboy

» How to Crack CD protection
Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm by iyenboy

Navigation

Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks

iyenboy
    iyenboy

Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks Empty Lock Your Drives n Folders Using Registry Tweaks

Post  iyenboy Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Caution: Before you attempt these tweaks, please make sure that you have a backup of your registry, just incase something goes wrong in the middle.

Locking Folders:

Consider you want to lock a folder named XXXX in your E:\, whose path is E:\XXXX.
    Now open the Notepad and type the following

ren xxxx xxxx.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

Where xxxx is your folder name. Save the text file as loc.bat in the same drive.
    Open another new notepad text file and type the following

ren xxxx.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} xxxx

Save the text file as key.bat in the same drive.
    Steps to lock the folder:
    To lock the xxxx folder, simply click the loc.bat and it will transform into control panel icon which is inaccessible.
    To unlock the folder click the key.bat file. Thus the folder will be unlocked and the contents are accessible.

Locking Drives:

We don’t usually prefer to lock our drives, but sometimes it becomes nesscary. Say for instance you might have stored your office documents in D:\ and you don’t want your kids to access it, in such case this technique can be useful for you. Please don’t try this tweak with your root drive (usually C:\ is the root drive) since root drives are not intended to be locked because they are mandatory for the system and application programs.
    Start & Run and type Regedit to open Registry editor
    Browse HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer
    Create a new DWORD value NoViewOnDrive and set its value as
    2^ (Alpha Number of Drive Letter-1) where Alpha number are simple counting of alphabets from A to Z as 1 - 26
    For example: to lock C:\, Alpha number of C is 3 so 2^ (3-1) = 4 (decimal value)
    To lock more drives, calculate the value of each drive and then set sum of those numbers as value
    To unlock your drive just delete the key from the registry

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:53 am