Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Time

Latest topics

» Sorry i wan not active!
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm by faseeh2006

» TOP 20 TRICKS TO SPEED UP YOUR PC
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am by JianWei-Jw

» Upload your files
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm by faseeh2006

» Basic Skills!
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm by faseeh2006

» How to Download, Decompress and Burn Playstation 2 Games
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 pm by iyenboy

» Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent/UTorrent or any Torrent Client
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm by iyenboy

» How To Use PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 Emulator !
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm by iyenboy

» how to use kaspersky for lifetime !!
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm by iyenboy

» How to Crack CD protection
Modify the Open With list in Windows XP I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm by iyenboy

Navigation

Modify the Open With list in Windows XP

iyenboy
    iyenboy

Modify the Open With list in Windows XP Empty Modify the Open With list in Windows XP

Post  iyenboy Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Modify the Open With list in Windows XP

Follow these steps to modify the Open With list.
    If you open certain types of files in more than one application, you probably use the Open With command. To do so, right-click a file, and select Open With from the resulting shortcut menu. This displays a secondary menu listing the programs that can open this type of file.
    In most cases, the Open With list presents only those programs that you'll want to use. But if the list contains programs that you never want to use, you can remove them with a simple registry edit. Note: Editing the registry is risky, so be sure you have a verified backup before making any changes.
    Here's how.

1. Launch the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.
    3. Double-click the key associated with the file extension of the file type whose Open With list you want to modify.
    4. When that key opens, double-click the OpenWithList key.
    5. Delete the value associated with the program that you want to remove from the list.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 am