Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Time

Latest topics

» Sorry i wan not active!
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm by faseeh2006

» TOP 20 TRICKS TO SPEED UP YOUR PC
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am by JianWei-Jw

» Upload your files
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm by faseeh2006

» Basic Skills!
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm by faseeh2006

» How to Download, Decompress and Burn Playstation 2 Games
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 pm by iyenboy

» Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent/UTorrent or any Torrent Client
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm by iyenboy

» How To Use PCSX2 - The Playstation 2 Emulator !
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 pm by iyenboy

» how to use kaspersky for lifetime !!
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm by iyenboy

» How to Crack CD protection
Prevent Users From Writing to USB I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm by iyenboy

Navigation

Prevent Users From Writing to USB

iyenboy
    iyenboy

Prevent Users From Writing to USB Empty Prevent Users From Writing to USB

Post  iyenboy Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Prevent Users From Writing to USB

If you have windows XP with SP2, then you can disable the writing option to USB drives. This trick is very useful if you have virus in your computer and want to copy files from a USB Drive but don’t want to transfer virus to the USB. Follow the given steps to disable the USB writing option:

To edit the computer registry, first you should log onto your computer with administrative rights.

First click on Start button and type “Regedit” in Run option.

Here locate the location to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l

Here in right side panel, click right to create a key with the name “StorageDevicePolicies”.

Now in left side panel, select “StorageDevicePolicies” key, again right click to create new DWORD value then label it “WriteProtect”. Set its value to “1?. But again to enable writing, set its values to “0?.

Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effec
    t.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 am